Many times, you may have heard Oracle Fusion middleware and Oracle Fusion applications being used interchangeably. The basic similarity between the two is that both are offerings from Oracle. However, there are major differences between these two. In this blog, we will elaborate more on how Oracle Fusion middleware is different from Oracle Fusion applications.
What is an Oracle Fusion Middleware?
It can be defined as a component that is between other components such as database, application, or infrastructure. Oracle Fusion middleware helps facilitate the infrastructure required to build Oracle business applications. The middleware is inbuilt in the applications that allow end-users to view the business WebLogic and processes.
The components of the middleware depend based on the requirement. Oracle Fusion Middleware has three major components:
– Oracle WebCache, Oracle HTTP server
Oracle WebLogic Server (middle tier)
– Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle WebCenter, Oracle Web Services
– Oracle Internet Directory, Oracle Virtual Directory, Oracle Database
A few examples of Oracle Fusion middleware are:
- Oracle JDeveloper: This development tool helps in building business applications
- WebCenter portals: It can be used to build internet and intranet portals with basic protocols and personalized portal pages
- Oracle Business Intelligence: It features an OLAP dashboard with queries, analysis, reports, and other details for easy and efficient corporate data analysis
- Oracle Content Management: It creates a single repository that includes document management, content publishing, image capturing, and other content forms.
- Oracle Service Oriented Architecture: This middleware allows developers to build composite applications to manage services and business processes.
- Oracle Access Manager: It verifies and validates the user credentials and authorizes a user to access an application based on the privileges. It also facilitates the creation, updating, and deletion of user information and assigns roles to users.
- Oracle Enterprise Management: It enables the administrator to check all the components of the Fusion middleware on one console for debugging issues, previewing log files, or analysing performance
You can learn more in detail about Fusion middleware in Oracle Fusion cloud training.
What are Oracle Fusion Applications?
Oracle Fusion Applications is a suite that’s designed to be developed on Oracle Fusion middleware. A Fusion application could be an ERP, GRC, EPM, CRM, SCM, or HCM that has been developed on a Fusion middleware. They also enhance the functionality of the existing Oracle applications. The Oracle Fusion applications are classified based on the functional areas or product families. A few examples of Oracle Fusion applications are:
Oracle Fusion CRM:
Manage contacts, customers, and resources
Manage cash flow, cash cycle, ledger, research, and other finance-based tasks
Employee management, from entry into the system to their exit
Get to know more about the various Oracle applications in an Oracle Fusion applications training.
Differences between Fusion Middleware and Fusion Applications
Oracle Fusion middleware consists of components such as WebCenter portal, Oracle WebLogic server, identity and access management, WebCenter, Oracle web tier, and more. It is placed with the Oracle database and helps build and deploy business applications.
On the other hand, Oracle Fusion applications are business applications that are built atop Oracle fusion middleware. These applications are grouped based on their functional areas.
There are numerous other differences between Oracle Fusion middleware and Oracle Fusion applications. To know more in detail about the differences, enroll in Oracle fusion Cloud training. You can take up Oracle Fusion applications training online at Cloudshine to improve your expertise in Oracle applications and improve your career growth.
Our team of experts has trained more than 500 candidates through 45 batches in the last 3 years. We have structured training, assessment, and practice support that is offered in the 60 hours of training. For more information write to us email@example.com or contact us at +918908123123.